Solidarity is an attitude and a value. It means accepting a common humanity with “the other”. It means seeing “the other” as a subject as we are, deserving respect and care regardless of socio-economic, cultural, physical or other differences. But … Read more
- Anuradha Mittal: supporting the oppressed and exposing land grabbing with meticulous research, tenacious advocacy, and unflinching activism
- Josefina Antonieta Tunki Tiris – first woman President of the Shuar Arutam people of Ecuador, courageous defender of her territory of life in the face of polluting mining industry
- Working in self-determination and mutual solidarity, four villages in the Ogooué-Ivindo region of north-eastern Gabon document, manage, and defend their territories of life
- A ‘permanent solidarity’ process protects indigenous ancestral knowledge and native seeds in Ajuluco de Tenancingo, Buena Vista and Animas de Santa Cruz Michapa (El Salvador).
- The guardians of the land (Kanan Lu’um Moo) of Chapab de las Flores (Yucatan, Mexico) confront polluting ‘development’ by taking control of their territory, promoting alternative livelihoods, and protecting their Mayan knowledge, customs, seeds, and ways of life.
- The Foundation
- Views & ideas